744 Motooka, Nishi-ku
Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
TEL (Office): +81-92-802-4402
FAX (Office): +81-92-802-4405
IMI(Institute of Mathematics for Industry)
The Institute of Mathematics for Industry (IMI) is the first research hub for mathematics involved with industrial technologies in Asia. In addition to the divisions of "Advanced Mathematics Technology", "Applied Mathematics" and "Fundamental Mathematics”, it includes the Laboratory of Advanced Software in Mathematics to develop and publish advanced mathematical softwares, and the Office for Promotion of Collaboration and Consultation to promote smooth interaction and joint research with industry. The IMI has started Division of Fujitsu Social Mathematics in September 2014 which is a joint research division with industries, and Laboratory of Mathematical Design for Advanced Cryptography in April 2015 to reinforce the study of cryptography. Furthermore, the IMI established the Australia Branch in La Trobe University (Melbourne) in March, 2015, and with this as a base, we aim to develop cooperation with several institutes in Australia and New Zealand area. It is expanding the activities to form one of the top research hubs in industrial mathematics in the world.
- 2016-11-24The IMI Colloquium Report in November, 2016
- 2016-11-18JST CREST team (Project leader :Professor Katsuki FUJISAWA) achieved the 1st position four times in the world ranking of Graph500
- 2016-10-27The IMI Colloquium Report in October, 2016
- 2016-10-01October 1, Assistant Professor Matsue arrived at his post.
- 2016-08-24Press Release ”Kyushu University, Itoshima City, and Fujitsu Begin Field Trial Using Continual Learning AI to Facilitate Relocation”
- 2016-08-05The IMI Colloquium Report in July, 2016
- 2016-08-01August 1, Professor Mizoguchi arrived at his post.
The theory of Stochastic Process(Special Lectures I) 2016-12-07～2016-12-09
The stability of cylindrical pendant drops (Part 2)(Special Lectures III) 2016-12-08～2016-12-08
Laser heating of dielectric particles for medical and biological applications 2016-12-09～2016-12-09
Knots in homology spheres: Blanchfield forms and finite type invariants MORE >>
Workshops & Conferences2016-12-05～2016-12-07
IMI-La Trobe Joint Conference "Geometric Numerical Integration and its Applications" MORE >>